Firestick Remote Stopped Working: The Fire Stick and various Fire TV devices use remotes which are quite different from a lot of the other remotes around your home. As these remotes differ from those you may be useful to, working out why your Fire Stick remote instantly stopped working is difficult.
Quick Navigation :
- 1 What Causes a Fire Stick Remote to Stop Working?
What Causes a Fire Stick Remote to Stop Working?
There are many of products that induce a Fire Stick remote to stop working, or prevent one from ever working in the initial place. The most frequent problems include issues with the batteries, obstructions that block the signal in the remote, and interference off their electronics. Remember, if everything else fails, you can test resetting your Fire Stick to its factory settings.
Listed below are the most frequent causes of a Fire Stick remote to stop working:
- Batteries: The most frequent reason why Fire Stick remotes stop working is battery problems. Improperly inserted batteries, low battery charge, and other connected problems all can result in a Fire Stick remote to stop working.
- Pairing: When your remote isn’t paired with the Fire Stick, it will not work. Replacement remotes always have to be paired prior to using them.
- Distance: Fire Stick remotes use Bluetooth, not infrared, so they really possess a theoretical selection of about 30 feet. The specific range is usually lower.
- Obstructions: You do not need an immediate type of sight relating to the Fire Stick and remote, but obstructions can drastically slow up the range.
- Interference: Devices that will interfere using Bluetooth connections can stop your remote from working correctly.
- Compatibility: If you have purchased a replacement remote to your Fire Stick, be sure they are works.
- Damage: External damage, such as water damage, and internal faults because of failed components may cause your Fire Stick remote to stop working.
Fire Stick Remote Battery Problems
The most frequent reasons that Fire Stick remotes stop working all possess related to the batteries. The primary problem is that Fire Stick remotes use Bluetooth rather than infrared, and also the Bluetooth connection can get erratic once the batteries find low.
Read Also: Best Firestick Remote Apps
Important: Fire Stick and Fire TV remotes are fairly power hungry compared to other remotes. If you are using the Fire TV device a lot, you will probably experience batteries at a faster rate compared to you may anticipate. So even though you replaced your batteries recently, will still be worth checking them.
Here is how to rule out this batteries as a problem if your Fire Stick remote stops working:
1. Remove the batteries from the Fire Stick remote. 2. Look closely at how a batteries were installed, and be sure they weren’t backwards. When they were backwards, reinstall them and check the remote again. Tip: Appear within the battery compartment, and you may view a diagram that shows how to install this batteries.
3. Install new batteries. Note: When your Fire Stick remote uses Bluetooth rather than infrared, batteries which work fine with your TV remote might not work when changed to your Fire Stick remote. Use new batteries when possible.
4. When the remote still does not work, try different batteries. Tip: Rechargeable batteries only provide 1.2V, in comparison to 1.5V from alkaline batteries. When you have problems with rechargeables, try fresh alkaline batteries.
5. If the remote still does not work, the batteries probably aren’t your issue.
Pairing a Fire Stick Remote
When you purchase a brand new Fire Stick or Fire TV device that provide a remote, the remote need to already be paired. Which means when you initially install the Fire Stick, or Fire TV device, it will already recognize inputs from your remote without you needing to do anything exclusive.
Read Also: Best Bluetooth Remote for Firestick
Sometimes, you might find how the Fire Stick and remote weren’t paired, or that the Fire Stick and remote became unpaired with time as a result of problem. When that occurs, repairing the remote normally takes good the problem.
Note: When you purchase a replacement remote, you have to pair it before you use it.
Here is how to pair a Fire Stick remote:
- Plug with your Fire Stick and be sure that it is on.
- Wait for that Fire TV to start up.
- Hold your remote close your Fire Stick.
- Press and hold the Home button in your Fire TV remote.
- Continue holding the Home button for around 10-seconds.
- Release the Home button, if ever the remote works.
- If the remote still does not work, try holding down the Home button again. It often takes several attempts with this method to work.
Distance and Obstruction Problems Using Fire TV Remotes
Fire Stick and Fire TV remotes use Bluetooth rather than infrared, therefore you have no need for a direct type of sight between your remote and also your device. You never even have to point the remote in your device, as the orientation from the remote is not related to the strength of this Bluetooth signal.
Bluetooth devices such as Fire Stick remote possess a theoretical selection of about 30 feet, quite a few things can reduce that range. Any obstructions relating to the remote and also Fire Stick or Fire TV can drastically slow up the choice of the remote.
Here is how to check on whether length or obstructions are the problem:
1. Move your remote physically nearer to your Fire Stick.
2. Remove any obstructions relating to the remote with your Fire Stick.
3. If the remote only works after you hold your remote behind your TV, or if you are very close to your TV, work with the Fire Stick extension dongle to reposition this device.
Tip: You may require an extended extension to go the Fire Stick out through powering the TV when the TV is mounted inside a recess or even entertainment cabinet.
4. If you may have the Fire TV device placed within the entertainment cabinet, or possibly a related enclosure, remove it from the enclosure and find out when your remote works.
Fire Stick Remotes and Interference
Bluetooth has some benefits over infrared, like how lacking a type of sight relating to the remote and also Fire Stick only reduces the range rather than preventing the remote from working in any way. Then again, Bluetooth remotes are susceptible to interference that infrared remotes aren’t.
Check to see when you have the following devices anywhere near your Fire Stick:
- Microwave ovens
- Wireless speakers
- Unshielded coaxial cables
- Wireless phones
- Wireless speakers
- Other wireless devices
When you have any wireless devices, or another type that may result in Bluetooth interference, near your Fire Stick, try moving them. Hopefully isn’t an alternative, try shutting them down and unplugging these one at a time to find out if that enables your Fire Stick remote to work. Which should enable you to get the supply of the interference and cope with it appropriately.
Fire Stick Remote Compatibility
But if your problem started after you purchased a replacement Fire Stick remote, and also you were not able successfully pair it, you might use a compatibility problem. There are many generations of Fire Sticks, other Fire TV devices, and Fire TV remotes, and they don’t all work together.
Amazon keeps a list of Fire TV remotes and devices, which can be used to make certain your remote and device are able to work together.
Try Using the Fire TV Phone App
If you have exhausted all your options, then a Fire TV remote can have malfunctioned, or it might are already damaged. The best choice, therefore, is to purchase a replacement remote. At the same time, it is possible to use your Android or iPhone like a remote to your Fire Stick or Fire TV device.
To control your Fire TV device using a phone, you have to install the Fire TV remote app. This is where you get it:
Here is how to get it working with the Fire Stick or Fire TV device:
- Plug your Fire Stick or Fire TV device in and wait for it to start up.
- Download and install the Fire TV remote app, and launch it.
- Sign in your Amazon account from the Fire TV remote app.
- Select your Fire TV device in the list of devices on the app.
- Wait for any code to look in your television, and enter it on the app.
- There it is, your phone will now work as a Fire TV remote.
- firestick fix not turning on 10min wait
- fire stick remote stopped working
- firestick remote only works very close
- my fire stick remote wont work
- part of fire stick remote stops working
- remote stop working on fire stick
- what would cause my firestick remote to stop working
- why has firestick remote stopped working