How to Use Universal Remote for Firestick – There are several sources suggesting that you can’t work with a universal remote with Amazon Fire TV type of streamers. It is because not one of the Fire TV products like the original Fire TV Box, Stick, Pendant, and Cube will not have a built-in infra red (IR) receiver similar to most consumer electronic A/V devices. Thus, universal remotes who use IR will not work using the Fire TV. Instead, you have to control the Fire TV with Amazon’s proprietary remote.
So far, there was no complete available options for single remote control of all the devices while using the Fire TV. To address this problem, Inteset Technologies offers a simple, USB-based, plug-and-play IR receiver which is works with the Amazon Fire TV products named the IReTV. You can now control all your equipment with one universal remote. The IReTV works directly with with both the Inteset Int-422 and Logitech Harmony type of universal remotes.
Quick Navigation :
Setting up the Fire TV using the IReTV IR Receiver
If you possess the Amazon Fire TV Cube, Stick, or Pendent device, you’ll require the Inteset USB Y cable that facilitates a USB data and power connection from your single micro USB port offered on the Cube, Stick and Pendant. Setup will be as shown from the diagrams below. If you possess the original Fire TV box, simply plug the IReTV in to the USB port from the Fire TV as shown from the diagram below. Set the IR receiver end from the IReTV somewhere which is line-of-site from which you will be while using remote. Note that the Fire TV could be positioned behind closed doors, or behind the TV.
Programming the Inteset Int-422 to use with all the IReTV and Fire TV
Programming the Inteset Int-422 to use with all the IReTV and Fire TV isn’t any unique of the set up to use with some other device:
- Click the Device key in the remote you want to program the Fire TV (ie: A, B, C, or D).
- Click and hold the SET button in the remote before the signal LED (red light) blinks twice, then release the button.
- Enter the five-digit setup code for your Fire TV that is: 02049
- This LED blinks when as every digit is entered. Once the code is valid, your LED may blink twice quickly.
You will see the button mappings from the Inteset Int-422 remote for your Fire TV here.
Programming the Logitech Harmony to use with all the IReTV and Fire TV
Programming the Logitech Harmony to use with all the IReTV and Fire TV isn’t any unique of the set up to use with some other device. Keep to the remote’s instructions for Device Setup offered with the Harmony. Note that Inteset is now working with Logitech to add this IReTV/Fire TV on the Harmony device database. While waiting, when prompted to enter the manufacture and device to install, enter Microsoft and Xbox 360 (the IR codes sent from your remote to control the Fire TV work with the same IR codes alternatives Xbox 360).
You will see the button mappings from the Harmony remote with the IReTV and Fire TV here.
- universal remote for firestick
- universal remote codes for firestick
- universal remote firestick
- universal remote that controls firestick
- amazon firestick universal remote code
- is there a universal remote for firestick
- firestick remote codes
- blackweb universal remote amazon firestick program
- can a universal remote control firestick
- does blackweb remote work with fire stick